“Animating & Life-Affirming“… “Brings a sense of peace and tranquility to the human spirit, offering refuge”… these are the words been used for this year’s Pantone Colour: Classic Blue 19-4052. A refreshing 2020 Décor Look and Vibe is upon us and I am excited! This is a consistent; timeless and solid hue that we can always rely on and relate to – and its trending!
Achieve Key Statements in the home with these 5 Inspirational Tips:
- Accent Walls: Bring this in with a coat of paint or a self-patterned or texture wallpaper into a room on a feature wall.
- Kitchen & Bathrooms: Wanting to achieve that classic rich yet understated look, opt for gorgeous deep classic blue cabinets with white Carrera or Nero marble tops.
- Fabrics: Nothing beats a beautiful Cotton Velvet Cobalt Blue fabric for a classic or contemporary sofa as a feature piece – Lush at its best!
- Lighting: Go all out on a stunna standing light or chandelier achieving that “suggestive of the sky at dusk,” look!
- Accents: Whether its self-patterned or textured cushions; throws and wabi-sabi (perfect imperfection) pottery, add interest and Layering is always key!
Did you know?
Pantone was founded in the 1950s, initially as a printing company in New York, since 2000, it has selected a “ Colour of the Year “, decided from trend-forecasting research performed by the Pantone Color Institute. The annual colour, that is announced each December, is based on “What is taking place in our global culture at a moment in time”.
Personally, I like to always watch and follow our fashion – as these will always set the Design Trends!